Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wednesday's Papers

  • Why I said yes to Big Brother's shilling (Germaine writing in the Telegraph)
    I have been without any means of telling the time, or writing a word, except with a finger in the sand. I, who have spent my entire life reading, even if it was only the text on the back of the crispies packet or the flap of someone else's newspaper, have been in a totally text-free space.

    So why did I put myself through this entirely avoidable ordeal? My reason is the rainforest. I finance the rehabilitation of my 125 acres in south-east Queensland entirely out of my taxed income. If something were to happen to me, the project would collapse in a matter of days. Accepting the Celebrity Big Brother challenge has earned me a lump of cash that will be the rainforest cushion.
    ...
    In my deepest heart, in the dead of night, I discover another reason for betaking myself to the Big Brother house. For a few days at least, I have been living something like the life my mother leads in a nursing home in Victoria. She, too, believes that in a few days she will be going back to her own house.

    She has no autonomy and no privacy whatsoever. ... For my mother, there's only one way out of the Big Brother house. God forbid that I should complain.


  • Greer takes reality check and walks out on 'Big Brother' (Independent)

  • Greer walks out of 'bullying' Big Brother (Guardian)

  • We'll Jack it in! (Sun)
    ALL the Big Brother celebrities threatened to quit last night after the Jackie Stallone stunt backfired — sparking a mutiny.

  • Who's top of the ops? (Sun)
    Sun speculates on which BB celebs have had plastic surgery, then lays into John for his less than perfect bod. Is it any wonder people have plastic surgery dur?

  • BULLY BOYS Germaine blasts show bosses (Mirror)

  • SHELLEY ON BIG BROTHER The've lost Germaine Greer and gained a ga-ga woman (Mirror)

  • HE'S THE BEZ BET (Daily Record)

  • WHY JOHN IS FIZZING OVER COLA by Booby (Daily Record)

  • No comments: