Wednesday, January 12, 2005

on Jackie entering & Germaine leaving

So, I've been thinking about this (hey, it beats working). I think maybe bringing Jackie in was getting just too tacky, even for Big Brother. I particularly don't like it because it defines a woman (Brigitte) by who she used to be married to. It reduces her to just being the ex-Mrs Sly Stallone. She's been divorced from him for nearly 20 years, ffs!

I wonder what Germaine would have said if she hadn't had to suffer Davina's p*ss poor interviewing. Davina, let people (particularly ones who are Professors of English) chose their own words. Whatever her reasons, I think you do have to admire Germaine for just upping and leaving once she'd made her mind up, not having the endless dithering and oh-go-on-persuade-me-to-stay antics we sometimes see.

Wish she'd stayed, tho.

1 comment:

Jude said...

I really don't like Davina anymore and am starting to dislike Dermot