Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm a well meaning gruaniad reader, get her out of her

If you only read one reality tv news story today, make sure it's this one: Saira Khan sells the Guardian
"Ladies and Gentlemen, put those free Metros down and come and buy the Guardian from me. Alan Sugar didn't give me a job, so I'm selling the Guardian, the best paper in the country. Don't look at me as if I'm a mad woman, I'm a saleswoman. You're smiling, that means you know me. I'm Saira from The Apprentice. The gentleman in the pinstripe suite is going to buy a copy, you're very dapper, sir. I'm doing my job with passion and commitment, I'm the best salesperson in the country. Would you like two copies sir? That will be £1.20. Don't look at me like that, I'm a national institution. And I'm selling the best newspaper in the country. It's a good read, I'm in it today. Next time? There's not going to be a next time, this is not my career you know. I wonder if the two Chinese people would like one ..."

No comments: