Episode 1 challenge was to make an outfit from one of the other contestant's clothes. James was chucked off for making something rubbish. Random jottings on some of the others:
- Debbie - giving yourself a fancy name doesn't make you more interesting. And I know you're self taught but 2 minutes on google would've told you what a pattern block is. But also Note to Producers: well done for getting 13 people who can sew for this series, but it would've been nice to make sure they understood the rules too
- Anji - seems to be styling herself as Monika2. But there is only 1 Monika Rene
- Jules - oh what a simply fabulously witty fashion moment, getting your model to carry a jam jar because your initials spell jam. Dame Vivien herself could not have bettered it.
- Keko - sweetie, I was there in the 80s and your look didn't even work then. Mascara on the hair ffs
- Vic - obligatory 40-something mumsy one
- Ross - likes 'the finer things' but doesn't dress to match
- Chelsey - well yay for being a plus-size model but not-yay for slagging off your model's body shape because you couldn't manage to make your dress fit it properly
Thanks MzCougar for YouTubing episode 1 as I missed some (note to self: bring child's bedtime forward, before 7pm is not too early for an 8 year old to go to bed on a Sunday night after all).